Friday, March 30, 2012

Older couple

My wife and I are planning a trip to vegas in June. I have found some amazing rates. 65.00 a night at the mirage (even the weekend). 52.00 a night at mgm grand.

We are both 60 years old. Which of these hotels would be better for an older couple. I dont think we fit in at hotels that have big party scenes at the pools and lounges. Both pools at each hotel look wonderful. Really torn on my decision here. Am I getting a good rate for these 2 places or is this normal for the weekof June 7. Thanks for your replies and help.

Older couple

60 yrs old? And you are still able to travel? J\K...Mirage is in a great location on the Strip vs MGM which is @ the end of the Strip. For the 13 bucks/night, I would stay @ the Mirage. There used to be more ';kids'; @ the MGM. My vote is Mirage.

Older couple

elmer, I hope that was scarcasm about traveling at 60.

MGM is just too big. I would go for the Mirage.


vegasvarmint...so you agree that MGM is too big for old peeps, given their limited mobility?


Mirage but Vegas aint for old fartz.


Hello Eddie,

My view is that you should stay at Mirage. It is more central on the Strip and I think the walk from the lobby to your room may be shorter than at MGM. Last time I checked MGM was the biggest hotel in the world (with 5,005 rooms). It%26#39;s a monster. I think most of the pools (especially on the weekends) get noisy and crowded with 20-somethings. Go early in the morning. It won%26#39;t be too hot and the partyers will be ';sleeping it off';.

I have heard that the new volcano in front of Mirage is quite noisy so if you pick Mirage, ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel.

Enjoy!!


No, that%26#39;s not what I meant. I am very mobile but I did not like wasting time walking to and from my room and the parking garage. It%26#39;s a waste of Vegas time. Don%26#39;t worry elmer, you%26#39;ll get there one day and the youngins will make fun of you too!


first of all, 60 is young :)

I think Mirage would be a better fit, MGM is too big, a mile from the front door to the back door.

Mirage has beautiful grounds, love to go snoop out the animal and dolphin habitat in the back.


My pick is the Mirage, better location and they have two great shows, Love and Terry Fator. BLT has pretty good hamburgers and fries too.


Mirage is the one for you of the two. MGM has things for all ages but the pool scene there would turn you off. You may also want to look into Bally%26#39;s as a second choice but that is a awesome deal for the Mirage for any time of the year.


MGM is second or third biggest hotel in the world behind First World in Malaysia and Venetian/Palazzo if you count them as one.

  • web hosting domains
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment