Thursday, April 26, 2012

1 way car rental without drop off fees??

At the end of my vegas trip, i%26#39;d like to rent a car, and visit California where I would eventually drop it off in San Francisco where I%26#39;d fly back home...





For 10 days, I%26#39;m getting quotes of $700...







I%26#39;m hoping there are more affordable option??







Thank-you !



1 way car rental without drop off fees??


Hi





Is that US$ or Canadian$? There should be NO one way rental fee as most car hire companies allow one ways between CA and NV. $70 a day sounds quite high, but will depend on the car you have requested and whether it includes insurances etc. I just reserved a convertible in San Diego for 4 days and is costing $48US per day including insurance.



Hope this helps,



PS fantastic drive from Las Vegas to California, take in Death Valley, Mamouth, Yellowstone on the way.



AgentNikky



1 way car rental without drop off fees??


last year we rented a car from Alamo, for a week..picked it up in Vegas and dropped it off in Palm Springs. We did%26#39;nt have any drop off fees..




I am renting a car one way from Phoenix to Las Vegas for 7 nights...and I am getting an intermediate size (so not the smallest, but also nothing large) for under $300. (this is from the last few days of Feb.-first few days of March)





I booked through carrentals.com but the car is actually through Alamo car rental.





Hope this helps!




my research is showing me, with carrentals.com etc, that i%26#39;d be looking at $550 - 650 (12 days, not 10)...





bringing it back to Vegas would be more reasonable, at $250 to 300...





Oh well:(





guess I%26#39;ll have to live with this...




Have a look at Traveljigsaw.com





Cheers



Belv




Dollar are not charging us a one way fee from San Francisco to Vegas, so may be worth a look.




Only pay the high rate for 1 day (the day you drive from LV to SF). When you get to San Francisco return the car and then rent a car for the time you need it in San Francisco. You will save alot of money doing it this way.




I have to print this out and put it somewhere, GoodBeer. I always remember that you say it but can never remember what you say!




Thanks Goodbeer..





The only issue is that I was planning on driving to San Diego area, work my way up, making San Francisco the last stop on my trip... where I catch my flight back.





I haven%26#39;t created my itinerary (1st time in Cali), but as far i see, most rates are jacked, even within Cali, when dropping off at another location. This will be at laest $550 + for mid size for 10 days.





Maybe the only way around this is to split California into a few parts, and take a bus from one to another .... bringing back the car to the pick up location.





but i think my gf would likely shoot me before that happens lol




Try looking at www.travelsupermarket.com and then going to Argus Car Hire.





This is the only way I have been able to book a car from SFO and drive to LAS (via LAX) without paying an extra $150 in rental fees.





Paying $479inc for 13 days rather than $987 through Hertz.

No comments:

Post a Comment