Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ka, La Reve or Zumanity?

I%26#39;m in between all 3. A friend told me today that he loved Ka; that I HAD to see it. Another friend saw La Reve and that%26#39;s her favorite one. Out of intrigue, I am very curious about Zumanity.





Any thoughts for a group of four 30 somethings?



Ka, La Reve or Zumanity?


I know I wouldn%26#39;t like Zumanity. I%26#39;m a prude, but I liked Le Reve. It%26#39;s a very beautiful show. KA was my least favorite of the circus shows, but if you haven%26#39;t seen the others, you will like it, I think.



Have fun. (Love is great.)



Ka, La Reve or Zumanity?


We are seeing Love the first night we arrive. I booked one of those Southwest packages so we are actually going to that show for free. Friends are meeting up with us and want to go to another show so I was thinking Zumanity might be really fun!




Hey Author54,





I have seen 4 shows 2 in Las Vegas KA, O and two that did stops in Toronto. And I found KA better than O. Your best way to see which one you will like more is going on each websites about watching the mini videos of each.




Take Zumnanity off your list and see one of the other shows., Five of us saw it last Jan., others thought it was o.k., I was disappointed. My expectations for C D S were high and this show never came close. I%26#39;m going back 3/19 to 3/24 may try another show if I can get a good deal on tix. Counting down the days and hope first visit to MGM is a good one.






Zumanity is AWESOME! I would highly recommend it -- just saw it in January and it was a visual treat of the sensual variety...if anyone in your party is not into ';sensual'; -- skip it. But I thought it was gorgeous!




Zumanity is my least favorite Cirque Show. Love is my favorite, Le Reve is next (not a Cirque show but I%26#39;ll add it since you are considering it,) then O, then Ka (Ka is close to Le Reve and O though, I liked all 3,) then Mystere, and Zumanity way down on the list....and I%26#39;m not a prude, I can have a good time at strip clubs...but Zumanity was just plain silly, not awful, but not worth the price of admission. If it were more like $30 or $40 I%26#39;d say it was worth it.




We saw Zumanity just last week when we were in Vegas and KA time before, havent seen La Reve. IMHO Zumanity isn%26#39;t worthy of the Cirque du Soleil label, its more of a erotic cabaret show that any production company could do. Yes, there was some very good acrobatics and it was well made, but compared to Ka or other shows it jsut didn%26#39;t seem to fit the bill... Ka was amazing and in comparison, well they just didn%26#39;t compare. On the flip side my girl loved Zumanity more than Ka because itwas so different to everything else.





Dont get me wrong, Zumanity was a great show, but im glad we got the cheaper seats (and by cheaper they were still near $100 a ticket), I think you%26#39;re paying the price mereley due to the fact its a Cirque show.





In regards to thoughts for a group of four 30 somethings, i%26#39;d only go to Zumanity if the whole group was open minded and not offended by sexual preference topics as it explores all sorts




I would put LOVE and O as my two favorites. We are seeing LOVE for the 3rd time this weekend. When we left KA my husband asked where the refund line was, it really couldn%26#39;t compare to LOVE and O in my opinion. But there are many people out there who are passionate about KA being the best show. It%26#39;s all personal taste and you won%26#39;t know unless you go.





I%26#39;ve heard horrible things about Zumanity so I would take that off your list as I think you will be disappointed.




Ka. No question. It will blow your mind. I have seen many Cirque shows (vegas, florida, new york, philadelphia) and Ka is by far their best effort yet. It has a storyline unlike the other shows. La Reve is not officially a Cirque show, but it is produced by Dragone, who was one of Cirque%26#39;s earlier producers and recently put together Celine Dion%26#39;s show.





Enjoy your trip.




Ka or La Reve. My wife and I found Zumanity boring. My mom might have found it risky but for us it was a bit silly.



As always YMMV

No comments:

Post a Comment