Thursday, April 26, 2012

MGM or Monte Carlo

Heading to Vegas in August. I%26#39;ve stayed at the MGM before and liked their rooms and loved their lazy river. How does the Monte Carlo compare? is their lazy river as nice? which one would you pick and why? they are the same price for the weekend we are going. thanks!!!!!



MGM or Monte Carlo


The MC pools are being renovated so it%26#39;s difficult to say what they will be like byt the time of your trip. However, the MC pool complex is much smaller than MGM%26#39;s.





I have stayed at both properties. For the same price, I would stay at MGM. Monte Carlo is fine but I think the MGM property offers much more value for your money.



MGM or Monte Carlo


Agree with Stratton. Particularly during the pool season, I%26#39;d pick MGM.





In the winter, I might pick Monte Carlo over MGM only for its compact size and ease of getting in/out and around.




We%26#39;ve stayed at MGM a number of times and I have a couple of coworkers that have stayed at MC. They thought it was nothing special. A clean, decent place to sleep but nothing that stood out. One liked the microbrew beer pub but did not spend much time there other than to sleep.





We prefer MGM because it%26#39;s a better property overall. If they%26#39;re the same price I would stay at MGM unless you just prefer to stay somewhere different. I would just make sure you can get a room away from the construction noise at MC.




I am a big fan of the MGM Grand. I like it%26#39;s location and size; lots of bells and whistles (ie night clubs, restaurants, assortment of rooms/suites and great pool.) I have often found a suite available for only a few $$ more than the price of a room when using a Players Club code. Also been able to find reasonable weekend rates using a code particularly if the stay includes a Thursday or a Monday.





The view of NYNY/Exc/Luxor/Mandalay Bay/Trop is great from the west facing rooms in the south tower.





After a visit to the MC I thought it was perfectly fine, nice place - just lacked the ';over the top grandiose'; Vegas feel. (If that%26#39;s what you%26#39;re looking for.)




MGM no brainer.




thanks everyone!! will stick with the MGM then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment