Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Head is spinning! (Figuring out rooms!)

Hey everyone!





I gotta say, my head is spinning trying to figure out the room situation for the surprise trip in July for my boyfriend%26#39;s 30th birthday.





I%26#39;ll be honest, the room has never been a huge concern of mine when I%26#39;ve gone to Vegas in the past - but with this being his first trip to Vegas, I want the room to be a bit updated with a view of the strip. I need a nice pool scene because we will be there in July, and I%26#39;d like to be closer to Center Strip.





Any suggestions? I%26#39;ve looked at Flamingo (stayed there before, but only in their lowest class room), TI, the Mirage, and MGM - they all seem to have offerings in my price range and some appealing factors. (I originally wanted to book a Celebrity Spa Suite at MGM, but the more I think about it, I%26#39;d rather be closer to Center Strip and would rather have an updated room than have a big jacuzzi tub)...







Thanks again for everyone%26#39;s help!



Head is spinning! (Figuring out rooms!)


Mirage



great pool



good rates



great location



remodeled rooms



Head is spinning! (Figuring out rooms!)


Any suggestions? Sure - pick one. You%26#39;ve narrowed it down to a number of excellent choices. Any of them would be fine. Don%26#39;t worry about it. You%26#39;re taking your boyfriend to Vegas - color scheme of the room just ain%26#39;t that important.





PS - It%26#39;s really hot in July. It%26#39;s nice to take a dip to cool off, but you won%26#39;t want to spend all day there.




try smartervegas.com for deals on hotels.



Flamingo Go Room or Mirage gets my vote.



TI pool area is nothing special.



have a wonderful trip.




Thanks guys... I guess I%26#39;m just trying to put alot of thought into this and I%26#39;m worried about things being great for his first trip out there.





As for Mirage - which rooms would you recommend? I%26#39;ve heard that the Pool View rooms are actually better than the Strip View rooms - true?







Thanks again!



Denielle




We stayed in Flamingo; updated (but not GO) room near the south west corner; wonderful view of Caesars, Bellagio/fountains and down that side, plus a less direct view up the strip towards Mirage.





Never stayed in Mirage, but the Flamingo room/view was great.





There also seems to be more shady areas by the Flamingo pool than some others, which will be handy in July!




I haven%26#39;t been to Vegas yet but looked around for a one night stay before our timeshare dates and came across some nice “romantic” type rooms. Every hotel pool looked amazing to me.





Since it’s your boyfriends 30th birthday – go for it and surely pick a special Jacuzzi room!




Based on your information, I think Mirage would fit your bill nicely. I happen to enjoy the pool view more than the Strip view at Mirage, but it%26#39;s a matter of personal taste.




Mirage has great rooms with views of the pool (and strip from upper floors of the west tower facing south.)





I like MGM%26#39;s location (although not central) and has great views of the NYNY ';skyline'; and Exc, Luxor, Trop, and Mandalay Bay from the south tower facing west.





Mirage pool is great but crowded, MGM pools and river are great and more spacious.





TI has the best views down the strip from the east tower facing south but the pool is way underwhelming.





MGM or Mirage.




You are asking for a room with a large jacuzzi. TI and Mirage only have them in their suites. GO rooms do not have jacuzzis, some of them only have a shower. I stayed in a GO Neopolitan Suite, it had only a shower. I believe the Augustus and Palace towers at Caesars have jacuzzis in their standard rooms.




Mirage rooms were just refurbished last year, quite nice. If compared to Flamingo, then Mirage is a nicer property overall with more to offer than the Flamingo. TI pool is rather boring and small when compared to the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment