Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lake Tahoe-Reno

Leaving for Lake Tahoe on March 8th, I am not a skier but would like any suggestions on what to do and see while there. Snowmobiles or sleding ? Also places that are a must-see? Stayin at Harrahs Lake Tahoe. Thanks for your replies! Any idea of what the prices are for sleds or snowmobiles too would be appreciated.



Lake Tahoe-Reno


I have no first hand experience with snowmobiles in Tahoe. Here is a link that should get you started:



www.zephyrcove.com





Another link is www.laketahoeadventures.com



Lake Tahoe-Reno


Thanks for the post, I will check out the websites!




Zephyr Cove is great for snowmobiling. YOu have a beautiful view of the lake for much of the ride. If you want to do some sledding, check out Adventure Mountain. Its a few miles out of town, on top of Echo Summit, but has 6 acres of open hills for snowplay. You just pay for parking.





www.adventuremountain.com





Have fun!




That sounds wonderful, thanks. Any other places that are must-see in Tahoe or Reno?




We just got back from Tahoe last Tues. Zephyr cove is great. We have snowmobiled twice with them. We did a private one the first time. That can be a little scary if you a beginner like me. This last time I did a semi private(one other couple). That was great because you do get to go a little faster and some of those groups can have 20 people in them,yuck. My fiance did a private off the trail tour. That is for the brave of heart. They go off the beaten path and he said it%26#39;s CRAZY. March sould be great if they can keep the snow on the ground. If the don%26#39;t have enough snow they can%26#39;t operate because it%26#39;s in a national forest and they have rules. My tour was 150 I think and my honey%26#39;s was 230 or so. Not 100% sure on the prices. It is worth it. I think we wnet for three hours. Just talk to them and make sure you tell the what you want! They will do what they can for you. I hope you have a great time! I will back in July for my wedding!! whoo-hoo.




Thanks for the post Niki, sounds like you had a blast. I sure hope the snow stays! Semi-private sounds like what I would want as well. Best wishes on your wedding, great place to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment