Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TR - 5 Nights in Paris

Will post as a reply. Got back last night from 5 nights at Paris. OK trip, great shows, but came home not feeling the Vegas love.





TR - 5 Nights in Paris


No wins huh?



TR - 5 Nights in Paris


Not feeling the Vegas love?? What happened???!!!




Arrived Thursday the 19th at 2:30 from Ottawa via Vancouver! Smooth flights, nice choice of films and despite landing in a different terminal had no issue finding my two girlfriends, who flew in from Toronto via San Francisco. When I arrived I asked an airport employee where the transit was to go to Terminal 1 - he pulls back, looks me up and down and goes %26#39;your legs look healthy - just walk along there%26#39;. I chose to take it as a compliment :-). It sort of set the tone though. Most of the trip had that slightly edgy feel - nothing usually overtly wrong, just not quite firing on all cylinders.





Anyways we meet up, grab a cab and are off to Paris!! No tunnel issues, a quick $15 with tip and we are %26#39;home%26#39;. No line up, but no joy with the $20 trick either. We get a standard room, 8th floor overlooking the pool directly across from the Eifel Tower. I give the clerk the $20 anyways as per my request she kept us way from parking garages, party suites and the elevator. The room was fine, bathroom well stocked and it was in the quietest area - only sound we heard for 5 nights was the occassional shower running next door. We dump our stuff, wash up and head out - we need a slot machine and some beer pronto!




We hit the goldfish slots, which are always fun. The fishies love my friends but I%26#39;m on a Mermaid machine and the bonuses are so much stingier! Moving on we try Star Trek and GF hits for $60 (on a 20 line, one cent bet!) while I kiss goodbye $40. And so it goes, a few small hits but I%26#39;m thinking Paris is sounding a lot like my vacuum back home. We decide food is in order, it being mid-evening by our stomach clocks, so we meander down the strip to Margaritaville for a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Not to busy along the street - %26#39;cause they are all waiting for table! 2 hours - no thanks. We use our coupons for the Flamingo Buffet instead. Lots of meat choices, not much going on salad wise but lots of shrimp and cold crab legs. Its an average buffet at best - but it was there, wait was half an hour and we were fed.





We are a bit saddened by the lack of desert choices at 8 pm, but make do with the sugar free deserts (which are plentiful and taste fine) and wander down the street to Bill%26#39;s - a personal favourite.





Not busy there (everyone must still be waiting for their tables at Margaritaville). We get our player%26#39;s cards and .99 cent margarita%26#39;s and off we go. NOTHING connects for any of us - we play every penny slot that we find appealing and none of them give us any joy. And my half finished margarita gets %26#39;tidied%26#39; up while I am midway through yet another $20 bill. I hate when that happens.





Back we go to Paris for another half hour of money loosing there before heading up by 11pm or 2 am by our body clocks. I try some Melatonin for the first time, slip between the sheets and.....sleep great till 4:30. Its revenge of the crab legs I think. I am sweaty, crampy, and generally not feeling good. Within 5 minutes I am soaked through my nightshirt, lying on the cool marble bathroom tiles wondering what I did with that health insurance printout. Eventually my spectacularly effecient digestive tract did it%26#39;s job and whatever bugglies were causing the 4 alarm fire were expelled. I am so impressed that my friends, let alone my neighbours were not roused by any of the noises eminating from that room - a testimony to door and wall insulation or the wonders of ear plugs. Quick shower, fumble to my suitcase for a t-shirt to sleep in (whacking straight into the mini bar on the way) and back to bed or a couple of hours. Fell asleep calculating how much all the items I dislodged would cost if I added them up.....




I guess your friends flew WestJet and were in Terminal 1 and you were on Air Canada in Terminal 2?





But I have to ask... why did you fly to Las Vegas from Ottawa via Vancouver?!





Not even Ottawa to Montreal or to Toronto to Las Vegas?



But Vancouver?! That%26#39;s a lot of flying time :)




I was flying on points and that was the one flight that did not require me getting up at 4 am that got me there the same time as my friends! It was not ideal, but I did see three movies.




Lovin%26#39; it so far...I wonder hoe much that mini bar did come to?





Giddy-Up...get on with the rest of it!





cheers



shirl%26#39;




Great trip report so far, sorry about your stomach.




So sorry you were sick. That%26#39;s my biggest travel worry:-(. Hoping the next installment brings more LV luv.




OMG, thats so awful to be sick like that after eating, I am so careful at what I choose at buffets, and usually only have one or two tops during a trip, only cause hubby likes them, also have had similar results, not quite as severe as yours but still unpleasant. Hope the rest of your trip goes better!

No comments:

Post a Comment