Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wow finally 3 sleeps

I can not believe that after planning for like 5 long hard months our trip is just 3 sleeps away. There will be 7 instead of the intended 9 but that%26#39;s still okay and I can not wait to get there and be caught up in the moments. We are to see Jersey Boys on the 2nd and are staying at Treasure Island 2/28-3/4. Anyone going to be there at the same time?



Has anyone found any good rates on rental cars??





Viva Las Vegas and all that jazz



Woo hoo





Francine



Wow finally 3 sleeps


Hi Francine,





How exciting for you! I can%26#39;t help out with the rental car, as DH and I haven%26#39;t rented a car the last 2 trips....limos and cabs work out better for us now.





You are going to love Jersey Boys! It was a fantastic show. Have a safe trip and a wonderful vacation.





Good Luck!!





VegasSue



Wow finally 3 sleeps


Check Alamo---great weekend rates, as previously posted here.




thanks sue, thanks skelco





We r so darn excited since our first trip out in 2006 we have been able to get back each year. We are truly blessed and looking forward to throwing all worries to the wind for the 4 full days and nights.



No matter where I have looked they want over 350 for the dates for the rental car. Heck I%26#39;d pay up to 50 a day and that%26#39;s really not a bargain but I only need the car for 2 days to do all the sightseeing I still haven%26#39;t done in the previous trips out. I guess I will see what I can figure out from the hotel upon arrival. I have been told there us a car rental desk inside Treasure Island





Viva,



Francine





Ps. I am so happy we are almost there. I just had a terribly stressful time with family in Florida. This will be such a great release of stress once there





Xo




Its amazing the last 2 weeks prior to going goes so fast. Yet when we get there it goes.....Oh I trally don%26#39;t want to think about that.



We will be at TI Mar 1st- 5th.




3 sleeps for me - we are there 3/1-3/6. A bunch of folks are planning to meet at Margaritaville at 2pm on March 4 for some drinks. This one is half business for us but we are hoping to make it.





Have an awesome trip!




Francine- have a wonderful trip! The waiting can be torturous at times but it is well worth it! Too bad the days go by so quickly once we%26#39;re in Vegas.





DH and I have to wait until 4/23 to return-at least I can finally say ';less than 2 months';- even though we were in Vegas in Nov it seems like so long ago now.





This weekend we%26#39;re going to Atlantic City with friends- not Vegas, but it will give me some ';practice'; and it will be nice to get away from the ';day to day'; stuff for a little while.





Car rental prices have been out of control for the most part- since you are so close to your trip perhaps you can do a bid on Priceline and see if they accept a price you are willing to pay. I have never used them because I always end up with an acceptable price through Dollar and I am not willing to ';pay up front'; but for you it might be a good option this close to your trip.





Good Luck!



janice




Janice. Thank you for your lovely reply and advice in the car rental. Funny I am a born and raised long islander. I love new york and still have close family scattered around. I will be sure to make a trip report upon return. Xoxo





Jack, I am a neighbor of yours -- I live in etown now but dont care for



It all that much but am making lemonade. As I type I am actually in Florida and fly to SDF tonight. I can not wait for Saturday. Regrets that we will have to pass on the M%26amp;G as we have to be at the airport on the 4th at 3pm





VIVA





I have a feeling lady luck may be with us this trip. I hope I am right!!




Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment